Monday, May 23, 2011

Being 29. For a Day.

As I write this note, I am just a few hours away from turning 3 decades old.


30.

Most women would refrain from publishing their age stats on any kind of medium so I guess one thing age has made me is brave. I have spent the first hour today thinking about how I would like to spend the last day of my twenties something. Movie, shopping, friends? I have finally zeroed it down to not rushing, but enjoying the day - as it comes.


They say that in your 30s you come 'into' your own. I look back at the last 9 years - college, my first job, falling in love, getting married, making friends, making enemies!, late nights at work, my terrible back injury in 2005, job interviews, driving to work - there are so many memories. Each of which have helped me become a more 'settled' person.

So as personal achievements Before my 30th birthday, Ive debuted as an author, learned to pick myself up from my injuries, become a better professional, friend, daughter, aunt, sister.

And as my good friend Khalil Gibran puts it "Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”

A day away from 30 actually feels really good.

No comments: